Friday, February 8, 2008

Finished two projects yesterday. Max's grey cabled sweater, and a little top for Mattie I made up on a whim. It took me like 5 hours stop and go. I knit it in the round on #10 1/2's. It's modified from the Toddler Tank in Speed Knitting. I used Yarn Bee Airy (that I got at Hobby Lobby for $.99), it took about half a skein of green, and not much of red obviously. I had started the toddler tank dress in the same book with the same type yarn (different color), but saw pretty quickly I was not going to have enough with my one small skein.





I wasn't trilled with how the sweater turned out. It looks pretty good lying flat, but when he puts it on, it almost looks like it has shoulder pads in it. I think the combination of the drop shoulder and the bulky cables just make for too much...bulk. I'm thinking about scraping my plans for a matching one for Mattie, but it really goes fast, and the second time making something always goes better. I don't know. I really enjoyed the cables though. I've done small two stich cables with no cable needle, but not one like this with a fully cabled item and a cable needle. It was really easy, but you do have to keep up with the cable needle. I'm trying to quickly make Mattie another fuzzy top, in pink and red for Valentine's Day, but with a few tweaks, you know, second time around and all that. A little longer and a little wider. I had cut the number of stiches from 26 front and back (52 total) to , I think, 46 or something. It fits Ok, but I think the original will be better. It just looked so big for her tiny chest! Valentines one will be staight up by the book (except I did add and then decrease stiches on the bottom for a little flair, so it's not a perfect square).


I love these colors together.




A pretty good fit for a evening project.

No comments: